8.01.2006

Go Sox

This here little blog is actually just a compilation of a couple of emails I've sent out in the past. For most of you this is just a rehash. So don't even bother reading. H'enyways, here goes.


So many of you have heard the stories of Roger. Yes, yes. My 67 year old co-worker. A total Boston townie. He hates the Red Sox and loves the Yankees. If you ask him why he'll say, " 'Cause I got tired a loosin' my lunch money on the Red Sox." People love to give him a hard time. The latest thing was this picture. Someone hung it in his office. Train a child up in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Hah. I love Boston. I love Fenway. Go Sox!



The following is an email I sent to my family (all yankees fans) after a great Sox game:

While I know that the following my cause me to be ostracized from a family full of blind and belligerent Yankees fans, I do have to shout the proverbial Boston chant, "Yankees Suck!" I went to a game at Fenway Park last night. I sat center field, on a warm and calm summer evening, while we spanked the Devil Rays. Every time I go to Fenway it reaffirms the fact that I love the Red Sox. Red Sox for life! You can have your gargantuan, cold, and impersonal Yankee Stadium bought by the sellouts of the past century. I'll stick to the Green Monster and "Sweet Caroline" in the 8th. "But I love that dirty water; Oh, Boston, you're my home." Here's to the greatest underdogs of the past century.

1 comment:

Tang Tang said...

Having only recently converted to Red Soxism, I don't have much to fall back on in terms of experience...but dangitall if I don't love my team, my beautiful beautiful team already. Poignant sentiments, Seth. GO SOX!!