5.29.2007

NYC

I haven't been to NY since February and my nephew Lamine is getting big. So I headed down for Memorial Day. My family met me at the bus stop. Lamine came running up to me saying, "Uncle Seth (pronounced - sef). Uncle Seth." He is a such a great little kid. I love him. So here are some pictures. They date from the time he was a few months until today, when he is almost 2.

He took great pride in having peed on the bed and then pooed in the tub, all while Malick and I were trying to give him a bath. So we put him in the sink while we cleaned up.

Winter Gear.

New Year's Eve 2005.

Fishing in Idaho in May of 2006. (Me, Josh (older brother), Mom, Rozalyn (youngest sister), Malick (my brother-in-law)).

Lamine wants to help Josh with the fish.

I call this picture "Li'l Pimp."

Looking sharp!

This was in Central Park on Sunday. He loves water ('gee' in Malick's home language). It was a beautiful day. This is shortly after he threw up.

This is a guy we saw in Central Park. There was a big African Drumming crew behind him, complete with a token white guy trying to dance. Hilarious. I took this guy's picture for proof. Amazing isn't it?

So on Sunday night, we got home from Central Park about 7pm and had lunch. That's right, lunch. Malick is a real night owl. Then we chilled in the apartment and I played with Lamine till midnight. Malick and I decided to make a cheese cake around 1am. After that I fell asleep on the couch as Malick started cooking dinner. Then I woke up around 4am when dinner was ready and Malick and I ate some delicious lamb. Somewhere around 5am we decided to have desert. The cheese cake was bomb diggity.

So anyway, it was a great weekend and I love my nephew.

The End

8 comments:

Linda said...

your nephew is one of the coolest kids ever!! we really bonded!!

Rachel said...

I just need a roll and some chips and I could eat him for lunch, he's soo cute!!!

spoonfulL said...

love at first sight! that boy IS a lil' pimp! you know, my niece is pretty cute... maybe you could introduce her? heh :)

Lady Bills said...

it was so fun to meet lamine and play trucks with him. your family is great seth!

Hilary said...

cutest kid in the universe. i win.

ju said...

dude. you get a 10 for this post. i love that kid!

Colleen said...

I CANNOT FREAKING BELIEVE HOW CUTE LAMINE IS!!!!!!! AYEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lauren said...

i am in love with you nephew!