9.06.2007

Pavarotti

A few years ago I started to get into the music of Luciano Pavarotti. I decided that one of my life goals would be to see him in concert. To help me out, a few of my friends got me two tickets to see Luciano in concert, in DC, for his final farewell concert.

I traveled to DC on the date of the concert with my friend Marie. We were so excited. I'll never forget coming out of the metro at the Verizon Center and seeing the sign on the doors saying that the concert was cancelled.

Since then there has been talk of rescheduling but it just hasn't happened. He has struggled with pancreatic cancer and last night he died.

No piece of music has ever moved me the way that Nessun Dorma does when being performed by Pavarotti. I believe this is one of the greatest musical performances I've ever heard. I get goose-bumps every time, without fail.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So sad. I loved the big guy too.